Life after bariatric surgery may seem quite far from your version of normal. But with a few tweaks to your lifestyle, you can get your body back on track. One of the most important changes to adopt in your everyday diet is the inclusion of bariatric vitamins. These vitamins supply your body with the nutrients and minerals that it needs to function properly. In this guide, we’ve reviewed and compared ten of the best bariatric vitamins available on the market.
Bariatric Vitamins Comparison Table
To provide you a general idea about these vitamins, here are the answers to some of the many frequently asked questions about them.
1. What Are Bariatric Vitamins?
Bariatric vitamins, also known as bariatric supplements, are essentially vitamins that are required to be taken by patients who have undergone bariatric surgery. Since surgery can result in a few minor changes in the way your body absorbs the nutrients present in the food, it’s essential to supplement your diet with these vitamins. This way, your body gets all the nutrients it needs to function properly.
2. Who Needs To Take These Vitamins?
As the name clearly suggests, bariatric vitamins are primarily for people who have undergone bariatric surgery of any kind. This includes surgeries like gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, and any other bariatric weight-loss surgery. The purpose of these bariatric vitamins is to make post-surgery life easier and healthier for the patients.
3. What Are The Benefits Of Taking These Vitamins?
The primary advantage of taking bariatric vitamins is that they ensure that you don’t suffer from any nutritional deficiencies. Each of the vitamins included in a bariatric supplement plan has its own benefits for the body, and it’s important that you talk to your surgeon or physician about the kind of bariatric vitamins you’ll need after surgery.
4. What Are The Vitamins That Need To Be Taken After Bariatric Surgery?
Some of the many bariatric vitamins that bariatric surgery patients need to take as supplements include vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, iron, magnesium, calcium, zinc, selenium, and copper.
5. Where Can You Buy Bariatric Vitamins?
You can find bariatric vitamins on just about any comprehensive online marketplace such as Amazon, Walmart, or Target. You could also purchase them from other online markets that deal exclusively in health products. Alternatively, you can also purchase bariatric vitamins from a local pharmacy.
How We Reviewed
We looked through several online marketplaces to filter out the top ten bariatric vitamins based on several parameters like their potency, their effects, the results they deliver, and the general level of preference among users. We then reviewed the ten bariatric vitamins selected and compared their main features, their pros and cons, and their prices.
Overall Price Range Of This Product (And Similar Products)
Since bariatric vitamins come in packs that contain anywhere from 60 to 300 capsules, the price range tends to vary greatly. On an average though, you can find packs of 60 capsules priced between average price to high price online. Some options may be more affordable, particularly if the number of capsules in the pack is greater. For instance, packs of 270 capsules may cost as low as more than average price and high price online. On the other hand, there are also pricier options where a pack of 60 bariatric vitamins may cost around high price.
What We Reviewed
Bariatric Once-A-Day Multivitamin
Bariatric Fusion: Complete Chewable Vitamin and Mineral Supplement
Bariatric Advantage Advanced Multi EA Chewable Multivitamin
Bari Life Complete Bariatric Multivitamin Powder
Bariatric Fusion Dietary Multivitamin Supplement Soft Chews
Vita4life Bariatric Multivitamins
Bari Life Complete Bariatric Multivitamin
Bariatric Choice All-In-One Bariatric MultiVitamin
1. Bariatric Once-A-Day Multivitamin
- TRUSTED BRAND: ProCare Health Bariatric Multivitamin is the original once daily multivitamin for both men and women.
- DESIGNED WITH DOCTORS, DIETICIAN & NUTRITIONISTS to make this the most complete once-a-day vitamin in the industry! It...
- TRUST AND TRANSPARENCY: We have instituted a multi-step quality control process. This includes independent third party...
Loaded with vitamins and micronutrients, these bariatric vitamins from ProCare Health are soy-free and easy to swallow as well as digest. They meet and exceed the guidelines laid down by the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery, and their manufacturing process is compliant with the GMP requirements.
2. BariMelts Multivitamin
- FAST DISSOLVING, GREAT TASTING: Fast-dissolving, great-tasting Bariatric multivitamin! Complete blend of essential...
- EASY COMPLIANCE: Stick to your vitamin regimen easily after weight loss surgery with great-tasting tablets that go down...
- FORMULATED FOR YOU: Specially designed to be gentle on your new system and not fill you up. Perfect for post gastric...
Developed using a sugar-free, gluten-free, non-GMO formula that includes only natural flavors, sweeteners, and colors, these multivitamins from BariMelts are gentle on your digestive system and don’t fill you up. They’re ideal for patients who have undergone gastric sleeve surgery, gastric bypass surgery, and lap band surgery.
3. Bariatric Fusion: Complete Chewable Vitamin and Mineral Supplement
- GREAT TASTING, COMPLETE BARIATRIC MULTIVITAMIN: 8 out of 10 patients agree! Our delicious, smooth, fast dissolving and...
- FORMULATED FOR YOUR NEEDS: Designed by a bariatric surgical team to meet the needs of their gastric bypass and sleeve...
- EASY DAILY REGIMEN: Our complete chewable bariatric multivitamin is the only supplement you will need after weight loss...
These supplements from Bariatric Fusion have been formulated by a team of bariatric surgical experts, and have been developed to facilitate maximum absorption of nutrients following gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, and lap band surgeries. They’re sugar-free and gluten-free, and come in five delicious flavors.
4. Bariatric Advantage Advanced Multi EA Chewable Multivitamin
With a flavor that resembles the taste of an amalgam of fruits, these multivitamins from Bariatric Advantage are developed to facilitate improved absorption of fat-soluble vitamins in patients who have undergone bariatric surgery. These pills contain several essential nutrients like vitamins B1, B12, D3, and iron.
5. Bari Life Complete Bariatric Multivitamin Powder
Developed by a bariatric surgeon and clinically proven to be effective, this multivitamin powder from Bari Life bestows the added advantage of hydration and provides an effective serving of calcium citrate. It’s also perfect for people who’d like to take their vitamins as a drink.
6. Celebrate Multivitamin
Loaded with vitamins including B12, D3, A, B-complex, and ADEK, and fortified with magnesium, these multivitamins come in the form of pills that are easy to swallow and quick to deliver the results required. They’re also formulated in a manner that enhances absorption and interaction with the body.
7. Bariatric Fusion Dietary Multivitamin Supplement Soft Chews
- GREAT TASTING, BARIATRIC MULTIVITAMIN WITH CALCIUM: Our delicious, smooth, fast dissolving, soft chew formulation is...
- FORMULATED FOR YOUR NEEDS: Designed by a bariatric surgical team to meet the needs of their weight loss surgery...
- EASY DAILY REGIMEN: Our soft chew bariatric multivitamin is a perfect supplement after weight loss surgery. 2 great...
Equipped with a formulation that encourages maximum absorption of nutrients, these soft-chew multivitamins from Bariatric Fusion are ideal for people who have undergone any kind of bariatric surgery. They’re sugar-free and gluten-free, and are also individually wrapped to make them travel-friendly.
8. Vita4life Bariatric Multivitamins
- Vita4Life Multi-Plus Multivitamin Formula - 360 fast absorbing capsules for men and women, including all types of bypass...
- Our Multi-Plus multivitamin formula provides high values of essential micronutrients in both fat and water-soluble...
- This formula contains up-to-date compounds with iron rated at 483% daily value for men and women who have issues with...
Developed using a formulation that contains no preservatives, sugar, starch, salt, or artificial colors and flavors, these multivitamins are also soy-free and gluten-free, making them perfect for people who have a sensitive digestive tract. The pills are also easy to dissolve, and are thus ideal for people who don’t like chewable bariatric vitamins.
9. Bari Life Complete Bariatric Multivitamin
Created using a formulation that not only meets, but also exceeds the updated clinical practice guidelines as specified by the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery, these bariatric multivitamins have been developed by a bariatric surgeon and ensure that the body lacks no vital nutrients.
10. Bariatric Choice All-In-One Bariatric MultiVitamin
- 1 BOTTLE VS 6: Replaces up to six bottles of individual supplements with an "All-In-One" Bariatric Supplement. Provides...
- POST BARIATRIC SURGERY: Specifically designed to meet the unique vitamin and mineral needs of post Gastric Bypass/Sleeve...
- MEETS YOUR DAILY NEEDS: Four (4) chewable wafers provide 1,500mg of calcium citrate (the form recommended by bariatric...
What’s great about these multivitamins is that they contain a formulation that can replace up to six bottles of individual supplements. They’re also chewable, making them suitable for people who don’t like swallowing their pills. Additionally, the ingredients don’t include gluten, sugar, or any artificial colors.
The choice of the best bariatric vitamins for each individual depends on their specific sensitivities, and it’s best to follow what the physician prescribes. However, among the ten vitamins that we’ve selected, the Once-A-Day Bariatric Multivitamin from ProCare Health appears to be the finest. It’s easy to swallow, leaves no strong aftertaste, and true to its name, needs to only be taken once a day. Also, these vitamins meet and exceed the guidelines laid down by the ASMBS, meaning that they ensure your body is never lacking for the necessary nutrients. Alternatively, if you prefer a chewable pill, the vitamin and mineral supplement from Bariatric Fusion may be just the right choice for you.
Featured Image via Pixabay